Easy Companion Share
From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Last Updated:||April 15, 2006|
|Download(s):||TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls|
This plug-in is not designed to be played so much as it is a modder's resource.
From the Oblivion Launcher, select Data Files and check the box next to the "Easy_Companion_Share.esm" file and the "CompanionSharePOC.esp" if you would like to see the plug-in in action.
If you loaded the POC file you can find the NPC who is using companion share by the Imperial City Office of Commerce.
If you are a modder and would like to use this plug-in to add companion share to your companions, all you need to do is the following:
- Load the file "Easy_Companion_Share.esm" into the editor along with your own, this will make your mod dependent on this file when you save your plug-in
- Add the item "ReznodCompanionShareItem" to the NPC's inventory
- Add the packages "ReznodCompanionShareWearable" and "ReznodCompanionShareArmor" to the NPC's AI packages
- When loading the "Easy_Companion_Share.esm" into the editor it will display a message stating that the object "ReznodCompanionShareItem" must be assigned a biped slot. Ignore this error as the missing biped slot is fundamental in the correct operation of this plug-in.
- When using companion share, it will take a few seconds for the inventory window to open up. I am not sure how to correct this error as it is tied into how long it takes the NPC to finish there topic. If any one has any ideas as to how to make the NPC end their topic immediately please email me and tell me how.
- The encumbrance only updates once every second. This is a problem with the length of time messages are displayed, a minimum of 1 second.