From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Last Updated:||December 6, 2007|
|Download(s):||TESNexus, Tom's Games Page|
Adds an observation deck to the top of the IC Palace Tower. For an unobstructed view for breathtaking screenshots, an even higher lookout point can be climbed up to.
The tower is accessed from a miniportal on the wall on the right side of the entrance to the Elder Council Chambers of the IC Palace.
Should be safe for companions, although they get scared and leave when they see you climb up the rope ladder to the sky. ;)
 Video Settings
- Adjustments in Options->Video
- View Distance: max
- Distant Land, Buildings & Trees: On
- Water Reflections: On
 Other Mods
Use these other mods to enhance the views on top of the tower:
- Tamriel VWD 0.5
- to make structures visible (works without framerate drop on low-end systems) or other Visible When Distant mods. Follow that by installing VWD Extras (from the VWD Chapels page)
- VWD Chapels & VWD Extras
- Makes chaples visible over the city walls
- to zoom in on far away places.
- Stool of Waiting
- to speed up time and watch the day fly by.
After installing the mods and adjusting your video settings, go to the top of the tower and:
- Click the "Clear Weather" button
- Set time of day
- Clear the haze away using the console command "SetFog 25000 400000"
- Turn off the UI using console command "TM"
and start taking screenshots!
Or if you just want to enjoy the view, use the binoculars and spot all the other cities. Use the Stool of Waiting to sit down on top of the platform and watch entire days and nights go by in minutes or seconds!