The Soul of Ilithiel
From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Last Updated:||May 23rd, 2007|
A long time ago the powerful Ilithiel was finally overcome and captured by her enemies. Her soul was partly ripped from her body, leaving her neither dead nor living. For ages she was being tortured. One day a brave hero ventured a quest to end her torment. Sadly, it turned out the only way to free Ilithiel from her enemies' grip was to retrieve her soul with an unique, powerful black soul gem.
Now, bound to this soul gem for eternity, Ilithiel burns with a fiery wrath while still being grateful for escaping her previous torment. Ilithiel is proud and willful, only those strong at will themselves can make her wield her full powers. She is true to those who prove worthy and uses her magic to protect them. She expects to be treated respectfully and will unleash her full might upon someone betraying her trust.
For some reason Ilithiel chose your company and to stay with you for a while.
Ilithiel is an intelligent soul, trapped inside a glowing soulgem. She is able to possess any weapon you hold, and can use her abilities intelligently, as she levels up with you.
The greatest feature of this weapon enhancer is that Ilithiel finds out the enemy's weakness, and uses that against them.
- A sentient item, Ilithiel's Soulgem
- Ilithiel levels up with the player
- Ilithiel's enchantment charges restore over time
- Ilithiel can
- Possess a weapon to give it greater power
- Release a possessed weapon
- Exploit the enemy's weakness, or create a weakness
- Save the player by absorbing life if health gets too low
- Ilithiel uses her power intelligently and doesn't waste enchantment charges
This mod does not change anything already in the game, it just adds new things. So there should be no conflicts at all.
 Version History
- 1.1 - 2007-05-21
- Solved issue of enchanting all items of the possessed weapon's type. The changes necessary imply that you will loose the possessed weapon if you just uninstall the mod without releasing the possessed weapon. So please, YOU MUST RELEASE A POSSESSED WEAPON BEFORE UNINSTALLING.
- Scripted weapons can't be possessed anymore.
- Bound weapons can't be possessed anymore.
- Ilithiel now considers selling a possessed weapon as being betrayed, just like selling her soul gem. After selling the possessed weapon you will have to face her wrath and probably wont stay alive very long. So, you really MUST SAVE BEFORE SELLING a possessed weapon.
- A weapon now has its name changed when being possessed, with " > Ilithiel" being appended. This way it is easier to identify the currently possessed weapon after changing the equipped weapon.
- Modified the way the name of Ilithiel's soul gem is changed when possessing a weapon. Now the name of the weapon is appended to the soul gem's name, separated by " > ".
- Changed the way magic effects are used. In the inventory only the magic effects really used on a hit are shown for the possessed weapon.
- Staffs now use Ilithiel's special magic too.
- 1.0 - 2007-03-31
- First public release.