Lost Paladins of the Divines
From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Authors:||Jerros and LHammonds|
|Thread(s):||The Nexus Forums|
|Last Updated:||June 21st, 2007|
|Requires:||Official Oblivion Patch 1.2.0214|
|Download(s):||TESNexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, Elric Melnibone, RapidShare|
I, Davin Jerros, am called upon by my own duty to scribe here, upon these pages, what will be the final chronicle of Vralen Averos, last knight of the Paladin order. I pray the soul of this brave hero rest, now that he has taken his place among those heroes that have come before him. May this chronicle serve as but a brief glance at the life of this noble soldier that served his king and country until his untimely and unwarranted death. May his memory be forever ingrained upon thee.
Tiber Septim, the Dragonborn, who would later be known as Talos, the god of war and governance, ushered in the Third Era and the Third Empire by conquering all of Tamriel. His reign would last for nearly 38 years. During this time there came into existence a holy order of paladins, eight men selected by the Divines themselves, champions of virtue and righteousness. Speculation still persists that Tiber Septim initiated the creation of this order of paladins to aid in the effort to stop the evil Dreej Gamordra, an evil necromancer in league with the Daedra prince Nocturnal. Little was personally known about these holy knights although, tales of their heroism were sung throughout Cyrodiil.
Seemingly endless skirmishes and bloody battles raged as darkness threatened to consume all of Tamriel. These valiant heroes stood at the forefront of countless battles, stemming the ever-growing tide of undead and the hordes and Daedra incursions. Ever aiding in maintaining peace and stability of Tamriel. Shunning accolade, they fought courageously with unwavering loyalty to the Imperial Province and its beloved king. Sadly, one by one, the eight paladins began to fall, and in turn their order did fall. Soon, there would be only one, Vralen Averos. ~Lost Paladin of the Divines
This mod adds custom armor, weapons, a unique stallion, re-textured steel horse armor (if you have the official DLCHorseArmor mod), historical book with a map and 4 unique types of creatures that guard the legendary equipment. For more details, purchase and read the book called "Lost Paladin of the Divines."
The book called "Lost Paladin of the Divines" can be purchased at the First Edition in the Market District of Imperial City. Once you obtain the unique equipment called Heaven's Wrath and Heaven's Fury, you will be able to buy lesser non-enchanted replicas at The Best Defense and A Fighting Chance.
If you defeat the final guardian, you will be rewarded with a Paladin's Stallion as a gift from the Divines.
If you defeat the final guardian and have no infamy points, you will be able to open the Crypt of Vralen Averos and will be presented with a series of questions to customize the Heaven's Wrath Armor set.
This 2nd reward is an enchanted heavy armor set called Heaven's Wrath and includes:
- Heaven's Wrath Helmet (Open or Closed is your decision)
- Heaven's Wrath Cape
- Heaven's Wrath Cuirass (Male and Female)
- Heaven's Wrath Gauntlets
- Heaven's Wrath Greaves
- Heaven's Wrath Boots
- Heaven's Wall (Heavy Shield)
- Heaven's Glory (Longsword - With or without golden-colored flames that give off light)
- Heaven's Messenger (Claymore)
- Vralen's Journal Note (clue to the location of Heaven's Fury light armor set)
- A vendor at the Best Defense in the Imperial City will craft and sell a replica set of the heavy armor.
- A vendor at a Fighting Chance in the Imperial City will craft and sell a replica set of the swords.
- A vendor at the Divine Elegance in the Imperial City will craft and sell replica capes.
If you read Vralen's Note titled "Heaven's Fury Note," you should be able to figure out the location of his original and light armor set called Heaven's Fury. Once you find the ruin described in the note, it's just a matter of time searching for the chest called "Chest of Vralen Averos" which includes:
- Heaven's Fury Helmet (Open or Closed is your decision)
- Heaven's Fury Cuirass (Male and Female)
- Heaven's Fury Gauntlets
- Heaven's Fury Greaves
- Heaven's Fury Boots
- Heaven's Gate (Light Shield)
- A vendor at the Best Defense in the Imperial City will craft and sell a replica set of the light armor.
Other items include:
- Official DLCHorseArmor texture replacer for the Steel Armor.
- Several colored crystal ball lamps located in the same ruins of Heaven's Wrath.
- Valuable and rare collector portraits of Vralen Averos and Galandra Laora.
- Four levels of Werewolf creatures that act as guardians for the armor. Each breed is visually different and leave behind new and varied ingredients. The deeper you go into the ruin, the more difficult they become.
The unique weapons found during the quest are equivalent to Daedric weapons. The Replica weapons found in vendor shops are equivalent to Elven weapons. Heaven's Wrath armor is equivalent to heavy Daedric armor. Heaven's Wrath replica armor is equivalent to heavy Orcish armor. Heaven's Fury armor is equivalent to light Glass armor. Heaven's Fury replica armor is equivalent to light Mithril armor.
 Tools Used
- DDS Converter 2
- Oblivion Mod Manager
- Paint Shop Pro
- Readme Generator
- TES Construction Set
You can do whatever you want with this mod but all we ask in return is that you give us credit if you distribute any part of this mod. We would also like to know what mods are including this work.
 Other Info
For more details, click on the download link.