Level Rates Modified
From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Last Updated:||April 25, 2006|
 File Specifics:
USE ONLY ONE OF THESE:
Most skills level twice as slow as vanilla oblivion.
Most skills level three times slower than vanilla oblivion.
Most skills level four times slower than vanilla oblivion.
Most skills level five times slower than vanilla oblivion.
 Known Conflicts:
This mod can't really conflict with any other mod in a way that it will break the game. It merely will replace the original rates of leveling thus changing how fast you level. There are other mods that do the same thing (such as Slower Leveling) but don't use them together with LRM or make sure this mod loads last.
The conflict detectors will detect conflicts between OOO and LRM, however those should be ignored. All changes done by OOO are included in my plugins. Sotobrastos has included LRM v1.2 in his latest update (1.23), but you should update to the latest LRM if you use those.
 The ReadMe:
I thought the leveling in vanilla oblivion was far too fast in MOST skills but not all so the regular "Slower leveling" mods wasn't what I nedded. So I made this very simple mod. It modifies the rates at wich all skills level up with different values. I started with a base multiplier (2x, 3x, 4x and 5x) and then modified the skills that I didn't like too slow or too fast.
This mod changes the rates of all skill regarding my opinion on how fast or slow they leveled in vanilla oblivion. See the file LRM_Charts.txt for the modified multiplier in each skill.
You can also use the file LRM_Generic.esp to make your own LRM-mod. See LRM_Calculator.xls for instructions and a calculator.
 Updating & Save games:
This mod is compatible with saved games, the new rate of leveling will apply to your character without any action from your side.
Also any further updates won't require restart either.
Just put the Level_Rates_Modified_XX.esp (where XX is your multiplier of choice) in your Oblivion/Data directory and you are ready to go!
In case you are using another mod that changes level-rates or skill descriptions make sure this one loads last if you want the changes to apply your game. Use a tool like "Oblivion Mod Manager" or similar to change the order your mods load.
Attention! If you use your own LRM-mod made with my calculator you DON'T need to install any "Level_Rates_Modified_XX.esp". Just install your own mod in the Oblivion/Data directory.
* Initial version released.
* Added an x2 version. * Cleaned up the readme and added a separate text-file with charts and other descriptions.
* Added an x3 and x5 versions. * Mercantile made slightly faster (/3->/3.5 ; /2->/2.5 ; etc.) * Restoration made slightly faster (x4->x3 ; x2->x1.5 ; etc.) * Oscuro's Oblivion Overhauls perk-descriptions incorporated. * Removed betatag since it isn't really a beta. No bugs = no beta.
* Speechcraft and Mercantile revamped. See LRM_Charts. * Sneak made as slow as the base multiplier. * Added an Excel calculator and a generic .esp for easy making of personal LRM-mods.
* Crappy protection problem on the excel-sheet fixed :).
 Bottom Line:
Thank you Sotobrastos for a great mod and your perk-descriptions. ;) Thank you Dejunai- for such a nice README-layout. ;)