From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Outdated: DarNified BTMod is currently being revived. This page is outdated.|
|Thread(s):||Elder Scrolls Forums: #7, #6, #5, #4, #3, #2, #1|
|Last Updated:||May 16, 2006|
|Download(s):||Links below, TES Nexus (full OBMM installer version)|
This is more a collection of tweaks and configs than a mod, and I'll be updating this thread as I finish each file, and people actually want them in the first place. Essentially, this is just BTmod tweaked to my liking, and taste being what it is, not everyone will like it. Updates might be sparse, as I'm actually playing the game too.
There is also an extensive guide (by the author) available for this mod: DarNified UI Guide/FAQ
Note: If your hud is cut off at the bottom, make sure the iSafeZone* values in your ini are set to default (20).
Note2: If fonts are missing in the game after the Patch (subtexts, autosave message etc.) it may help to change the ini as follows: iTexMipMapSkip=0 (or 1)[Fyrstic came up with this Thanks alot!!!] Greetz Jalen
All configs rely on the following font setup!
To cope better with international (accented) characters, as of 2006-05-13 the setup looks like this:
[Fonts] SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\Theo_Kingthings_Petrock_22_DarNified.fnt SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Theo_Kingthings_Petrock_18_DarNified.fnt
Previously, the font setup was as follows:
[Fonts] SFontFile_3=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Petrock_22.fnt SFontFile_5=Data\Fonts\Kingthings_Petrock_18.fnt
You don't have to use this, but things could look really screwed up otherwise. Similar sizes could work well of course. If you don't have these, download one of the packs below, extract to Oblivion\Data\Fonts, and edit your ini to match. This clears out the handwriting font, so your scrolls and notes will look a bit odd. If you're fine with that however, read on.
The fonts listed here are made by Theo Habit, and are identical to my old ones, apart from the fact that they include the missing Latin 1 chars from the original Kingthings font. This means international users are catered for, as well as having an actual cursor in input dialogs.
The archive contain both large and normal versions for Oblivion pre and post beta. If neither suits you, make your own with Oblivion Font Generator.
Nothing major done. Some centering/font/color changes. Look under the repair menu to see screens of the ingredient select menu.
This one got zoomed to 50% and received two new textures. One shows up when breath is less than 50%, the other when breath is less than 25%.
- 1.1: Fixed overlap of inventory.
- 1.2: Really fixed overlap of inventory.
This one comes up whenever you barter, loot a corpse, pickpocket, etc. 16 items. I just did Bethesda's file (trying to minimize lag), therefore changes made to container_config.xml and container_template.xml will have no effect.
- 1.1: Removed some xbox bloat to enable custom buttons.
- 1.2: Rescaled items @80 to 75, repositioned buttons and arrows, shows encumbrance while bartering (changes color on overload), adjusted some spacing.
 Dialog Menu
- 1.1: Tweaked some color and positioning.
- 1.2: Made topic choices more readable on hover, brightened dialog text a bit.
This comes up when you use the Enchantment altar at the Archane University. All text is configurable as well as item icon zoom and the number of items in the lists. Applicable effects list defaults to 10 items, the added effects list to 8.
- 1.1: Fixed a small bug.
Icons/bars to 50%, moved down left. Location Info moved right. Added background plaque for it. Widended compass, zoomed it to 50%, added new frame, background and needle to it. This includes a modifed sneak icon and scaled crosshair. The Health/Magicka/Fatigue/Durability bars, weapon/spell icon and compass now carry their data over to menu mode.
- 1.1: Fixed compass centering. © 2006, Theo Habit.
- 1.2: Redid/fixed the durability bar, fixed vertical alignment on location info, centered all warning texts.
- 1.3: Fixed small compass issue, added icons to warning texts, new location background graphic, tweaked the durability bar, removed superfluous texture.
This covers whatever your crosshair is pointing at. Moved center screen and changed font as usual.
- 1.1: Properly centered everything.
- 1.2: Restructured position code to simplify customization.
This one has extensive modifications all over. 20 items. Headers have font 3, the rest font 5. Color changes here and there. This includes the magic_popup_menu.xml which is the flyer to the right, containing all the effects, etc.
- 1.1: Tweaked icon zoom/list coordinates (clipping issues). Added encumbrance text color change.
- 1.2: Fixed numerous crop errors and a glaring vertical align error.
- 1.3: Fixed a graphic overflow error in magic_popup_menu.xml.
Gathered all info top left, gathered buttons bottom right. Font to 3, some color change. This uses the new smaller buttons.
- 1.1: Added config file, cover graphic and ability to turn on/off cover graphic/tumblers.
Not much to tell, 20 items...
Usual font tweaks, quest log icons zoomed to 60%, fade to -100, aligned and padded map icons.
- 1.1: Fixed quest entries being cut off.
- 1.2: Fixed some BTMod bugs still present. Thx to Darkbirdy!
All fonts from 2 to 3. Added shadow. Tightened button layout, name centered. This uses the new smaller buttons.
Download Persuasion menu. Link fixed.
This one comes up when you use a filled soul gem or buy recharge from someone at the mage guild. Defaults to 16 items, shuffled around a lot of stuff. Everything in the list is configurable from the config file or using TweakOblivion.
This not only covers repair, but is also part of Alchemy Select Ingredients, the Sigil Stone and Enchantment menus, etc. Std repair menu extended to 14 items and the ingredient selection menu extended to 20. Usual zooming/font/color changes.
- 1.1: Fixed an issue with non english configurations.
 Smaller Buttons
Scaled to 75%. Uses font 3. Until all menus using these are updated, some menus will look weird. Small buttons with font 1 is ugly, so I'm getting to those ASAP. I'll also probably update some of the other configs where button placement is concerned.
- 1.1: Added button_xtralong.xml...
This comes up when you use the Spell Making altar at the Archane University. All text is configurable as well as item icon zoom and the number of items in the lists. Known effects list defaults to 10 items, the added effects list to 8.
This one comes up whenever you buy a spell from someone (duh). Header fonts to 3, the rest to 5. Colored the header the same as for the inventory and added header images to get a similar theme to the other menus. Scaled top icons to 75. 20 visible items.
- 1.1: Fixed list bug and increased visible items to 20.
- 1.2: Rescaled elements previously @80 to 75, scaled arrow, money to font 3, repositioned buttons to compensate for smaller buttons.
- 1.3: Fixed issue with non english versions.
Page 1 and 2 is as default. Page 3: 22 items visible, scrollbar removed, aligned all text properly. Page 4: Color changes and some positioning. Page 5: 27 items visible.
- 1.1: Fixed a missing off-state graphic on page 4. Thx Darkbirdy!
This covers both NPC dialog and game messages. Added a generic oblivion icon to all game messages without an icon (Equip/Save/Screenshot, etc). Made to use a shadowed font 3.
You know when this shows up. Redid the whole layout and reduced size considerably. Changed all fonts and made them configurable.
- 1.1: Corrected a typo in the config file.