Daggerfall Memories: The Liberation of Cybiades
From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Thread(s):||Official Thread, 2nd Official Thread, 3rd Official Thread, 4th Official Thread, 5th Official Thread, Nexus Forums|
|Last Updated:||July 6th, 2007|
|Download(s):||TES Nexus, Planet Elder Scrolls, ElricM|
A new adventure taking place on Cybiades island, straight from the Daggerfall game. Tons of new content, NPCs, creatures, dialogue and much more.
To begin the adventure, go to any town in Cyrodiil and wait for a character named Dionillo Minerus to approach you (he will take at most one game-day to reach you).
This is a quest mod, but it also introduces new landscape and tons of new content, as described below. It involves an adventure taking place on the island of Cybiades. For those of you who played Daggerfall, or have good knowledge of Tamrielic geography, this place will be quite familiar. It is a small island not far from the city of Sentinel, in Hammerfell. This province is located north of Cyrodiil and it could be explored in the Daggerfall game. Take a look at the pictures below for some maps of this island's whereabouts. Anyway, this mod can be defined as lore-friendly, since it makes many references to past events in Tamrielic history. I don't want to spoil the plot, just know that Dionillo Minerus will come looking for you. Just listen to him and your adventure will start! The quest is not very long, but I tried to make it original in looks and succession, and open for future development.
In building the island, I made or modified lots of new, custom content, ranging from land textures to weather patterns and sound effects. Here are some details of what the mod includes.
- About 400 models (weapons, clothes, armor, architecture etc.), some new, some modified.
- 15 new creatures (some retextured ones, some with modified models)
- 13 new races (to differentiate npc with tatoos, mustache, beard, fur...)
- 16 new paintings
- 14 new tree types, including Cactus
- 26 new land textures
- About other 300 new textures (for rugs, fruits, rocks, npcs, creatures...)
- 20 new NPCs, each with her/his own original looks and story
- 34 new sound effects
- 173 fully spoken lines of dialogue
- 8 eye types
- 30 scripts
- Fully working ingame map of the island
- New custom weather types
- Perfectly working LOD landscape, with no load order problems
More screenshots from the mod, some containing spoilers, can be viewed in this gallery.
The mod is almost 100% new content, so there cannot be big incompatibility problems. The only mod with conflicts is the Beaches of Cyrodiil mod from the Unique Landscapes series. This is due to the fact that the ship taking you to Cybiades is docked near Anvil, on the beach. I will probably release a compatibility esp for this problem. The mod should work with any patched version of Oblivion. Should there be problems with anything, let me know and I will address them.
 Known Issues or Problems
I thoroughly tested the mod and there are no known bugs right now. Performance wise, the mod should not give problems, since I tested it on a 3 year old pc and it was quite smooth. Only when reaching the island you will get some one-time heavy stuttering, but then no more. IMPORTANT: when Dionillo comes looking for you, you must be in Cyrodiil, not the Shivering Isles, or he won't find you. More over, it is better to wait for him inside a town, otherwise his AI may have trouble finding you. Sadly some engine AI glitches can't be undone.
1.0, 2007/06/26 - Initial release. 1.1, 2007/07/03 - Small bugfixes (a pathgrid error, the temple resetting the weather when you exit, no more playable races since this goes beyond the scope of the mod)
Thanks go to:
- Bethesda for creating Oblivion.
- lhammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.
- TeamGecko for TES4Gecko, and ScripterRon in particular. He made load order problems go away.
- Tigin for the Tigin's Weapons And Armor mod. I modified an helmet, a shield and a sword from this mod.
- AlienSlof for the Oblivion Goth Shop mod, providing me with some models which I partially retextured, and the Clouded Leopard Race mod, which made a very special Khajiit in this mod possible.
- Joel Huenink for his beards resource.
- Noirgrim, formerly of the Tamriel Rebuilt team, for a wonderful map of Cybiades' surroundings, slightly modified by me. Mind you, this is not the map you access through the inventory, but something you'll find ingame.
- Phitt for the Loreless Creature Pack, providing me with the base for my remodeled and retextured giants.
- The Lore Creature Expansion team, and in particular Cryonaut, Xmarksthespot, Grimeath, Renzeekin for the giant spider, which I partially retextured and transformed into a smaller version.
- Daniele and Valentina for the voice acting.
- All the people who gave me incredible help on the Official TES forums, on the Silgrad Tower forums and on the Tamriel Rebuilt forums.
 Tools Used
- 3D Studio Max
- DDS Converter
- Oblivion Mod Manager
- Speed Tree
- Nexusnip.html TES Nexusnip
- TES Construction Set
- The Conformulator
- Readme Generator
- Wrye Bash
You must contact me and obtain my permission before re-packaging any part of this mod. If I do not respond within 2 weeks, feel free to do whatever you like with this mod.