From Oblivion Mod Wiki
|Authors:||Chong Li, Arthmoor and Wrinklyninja|
|Thread(s):||Bethesda Mod Forums|
|Last Updated:||March 26, 2011|
|Requires:||Patch 1.2.0416, OBSE v0019|
All Natural combines a robust custom weather system that allows the use of weather types from all existing weather mods with custom versions of Natural Interiors and Real Lights in order to provide the greatest weather/environment experience possible. The three segments of All Natural will be explained below:
1. Custom Weather System
The cornerstone of All Natural is unique weather system that includes a new regional and seasonal weather script that also keeps the weather synced on interior/exterior switching and fast traveling. It also adds a variety of optional features customizable through an .ini file in order to help enhance the user's weather experience. Users can also choose to use only vanilla weathers or to use the weather types from Natural Weather, Atmospheric Weather System, and Enhanced Weather, picking and choosing any combination they wish.
2. Natural Interiors
Natural Interiors was originally created by Wormheart, and its purpose was to make it so interior locations such as houses and guilds had windows you could look out of and see the actual sky that matched the exterior weather. The mod also featured proper time of day progression and interior weather sounds (the sounds being originally featured in the “Weather Inside” mod). The result of all this was the ability to look out an interior window and see the sunset, clouds, stars, storms, etcetera, having the interior lighting level change based on it being sunny, cloudy, nighttime, etcetera, and hearing rain and storm sounds from within.
Sadly, Natural Interiors was never finished and had some issues. However, All Natural includes a totally finished and issues-free expanded version that cannot be found outside of All Natural. Note that the Natural Interiors segment of All Natural cannot be separated from All Natural, so you must use All Natural in full to benefit from the Natural Interiors segment.
3. Real Lights
Real Lights was an incredibly ambitious project by Josef K. which aimed to replace all the fake lighting (invisible lights with no actual light source) with real lights with real light sources. For example, Real Lights adds candles, lanterns, or other light sources that emit light instead of generic white light coming from mid-air.
Sadly, Real Lights was never finished and has some serious issues with save game bloating. However, All Natural includes a totally finished and issues-free expanded version that cannot be found outside of All Natural.
The Real Lights segment of All Natural is the only segment you can actually use independently, so even if you want to use, say, Enhanced Weather, you can use the Real Lights plugin from All Natural. Instructions on how to do this are included in the installation section of this guide.
Considering the problems with the original Real Lights and that the All Natural version of Real Lights is finished, totally safe, and modular, no one should use the older version by Josef K.
- Combines Enhanced Weather, Natural Weather, Real Lights, Atmospheric Weather System and Natural Interiors.
- Completely overhauls vanilla weather system with new weathers and scripts.
- Mixes the weathers from EW and NW perfectly, with no conflicts.
- Enhanced Nights, a system for customizable night light levels in Cyrodiil and Shivering Isles, through an ini file.
- Fixes many weather bugs common in legacy weather mods.
- All interiors are affected by the weather outside, which is visible through transparent windows, through matching sound and lighting.
- User customizable weather transition speeds for both Tamriel and SI.
- Real Lights portion can be used separately.
- Full Shivering Isles support.
- Question: I have a problem with something related to the mod not answered here. What do I do?
- Answer: Please download the mod and read the Readme. It contains nearly every answer you need.
 Version History
Only major changes shown. See the Readme for a full list of changes.
- Version 1.3 March 2011 - Many meshes improved.
- Version 1.2 January 2011 - Shivering Isles Natural Interiors support is now completely finished. All meshes optimized.
- Version 1.1 November 2010 - Many tweaks and improvements to the script and meshes.
- Version 1.0 September 2010 - After years of work the first non-beta version has been released. All Natural is totally stable and the original vision of the mod has been realized.
- Everyone who supported the mod, whether it be through bug reports, encouragement, or screenshots.
- WrinklyNinja for updating the mod past 0.6.
- Arthmoor for updating the mod past 0.9.
- Brumbek for updating the mod past 0.9.4.
- Josef K for Real Lights.
- Wormheart for Natural Interiors.
- Max Tael for Natural Environments.
- HTF, WrinklyNinja and Halo for Enhanced Weather.
- HTF for Atmospheric Weather System.
- The OBSE Team for creating OBSE.